The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 2,597 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 153 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in October. As a result, the total number of applicants in October is 2,750, an increase compared to September (2,345).
- In October 2018, Syria, Palestine and Afghanistan lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Eritrea, Iran, Albania, Russia and Venezuela completed the top 10.
- In October 2018, the CGRS took 1,518 decisions, concerning a total of 1,975 persons.
- In October 2018, the protection rate amounted to 49,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of October 2018, the total workload amounted to 5,304 cases (6,840 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1.104 cases.