The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 3,638 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 102 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in October is 3,740.
- In October 2023, Syria, Turkey and Palestine lead the top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Afghanistan, Eritrea, Cameroon, Congo (DRC), Guinea, Moldova and Russia complete the top 10.
- In October 2023, the CGRS took 2,348 decisions, concerning a total of 2,827 persons.
- In October 2023, the protection rate amounted to 44 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of October 2023, the total workload amounted to 23,908 cases (28,745 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 6,500 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 17,408 cases.