The CGRS has published the asylum figures for August 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In August, the Immigration Office registered 3,639 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 27 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in August is 3,666.
- In August 2023, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Turkey, Eritrea, Guinea, Congo (DRC), Cameroon, Georgia and Somalia complete the top 10.
- In August 2023, the CGRS took 1,822 decisions, concerning a total of 2,140 persons.
- In August 2023, the protection rate amounted to 39,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of August 2023, the total workload amounted to 23,061 cases (27,506 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 6,500 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 16,561 cases.