The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 2,972 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In July 2023, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Turkey, Guinea, Congo (DRC), Georgia, Cameroon and Somalia complete the top 10.
- In July 2023, the CGRS took 2,092 decisions, concerning a total of 2,398 persons.
- In July 2023, the protection rate amounted to 40,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of July 2023, the total workload amounted to 23,021 cases (27,428 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 6,500 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 16,521 cases.