The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 3,234 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 20 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in September is 3,254.
- In September 2023, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey lead the top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Guinea, Cameroon, Eritrea, Congo (DRC), Russia and Moldova complete the top 10.
- In September 2023, the CGRS took 2,230 decisions, concerning a total of 2,654 persons.
- In September 2023, the protection rate amounted to 44,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of September 2023, the total workload amounted to 23,587 cases (28,229 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 6,500 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 17,087 cases.