The CGRS has published the asylum figures for November 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In November, the Immigration Office registered 2,452 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In November 2019, Afghanistan, El Salvador and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Iraq, Eritrea, Iran, Turkey, Guinea and Venezuela completed the top 10.
- In November 2019, the CGRS took 1,456 decisions, concerning a total of 1,761 persons.
- In November 2019, the protection rate amounted to 29,3 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of November 2019, the total workload amounted to 10,271 cases (13,034 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 6,071 cases.