The CGRS has published the asylum figures for November 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In November, the Immigration Office registered 1,942 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In November 2018 Palestine, Afghanistan and Iraq lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Syria, Guinea, Iran, Somalia, Venezuela, Eritrea and Albania completed the top 10.
- In November 2018, the CGRS took 1,063 decisions, concerning a total of 1,349 persons.
- In November 2018, the protection rate amounted to 49,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of November 2018, the total workload amounted to 5,236 cases (6,743 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1.036 cases.