The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 3,042 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 5 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in July is 3,047.
- In July 2022 Afghanistan, Syria and Burundi lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Eritrea, Turkey, Moldavia, Georgia, Guinea and Iraq completed the top 10.
- In July 2022, the CGRS took 1,809 decisions, concerning a total of 2,194 persons.
- In July 2022, the protection rate amounted to 47,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of July 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,593 cases (19,542 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,393 cases. Due to the higher number of decisions in the months of June and July, the backlog was reduced by 978 files in this period.