The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 820 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In July 2020 Afghanistan, Syria and Eritrea lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Palestine, Moldavia, Turkey, Guinea, Somalia, and Congo (DRC) completed the top 10.
- Owing to the confinement measures decided by the National Security Board in order to check the propagation of the Coronavirus, personal interviews have been suspended at the CGRS since Monday 16 March 2020. The CGRS gradually resumed the interviews from 8 June 2020.
- Therefore, the CGRS has taken 700 decisions in July 2020, concerning a total of 763 persons.
- In July 2020, the protection rate was 39.4 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of July 2020, the total workload amounted to 11,171 cases (13,987 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 6,971 cases.