The CGRS has published the figures for December 2012. Some additional remarks for these statistics:
- 1,589 asylum applications were introduced in Belgium in December 2012.
- 21,463 asylum applications were introduced in Belgium in 2012.
- The main countries of origin in December were Afghanistan (11% of the total number of applications), Guinea (9.6%), Russia (7.2%), the Democratic Republic of Congo (7.2%) and Syria (6.4%). Kosovo, Senegal, Pakistan, Albania and Iraq complete the top 10 of the countries of origin.
- The CGRS took 19,731 decisions in asylum applications in 2012.
- The CGRS took 1,392 decisions in asylum applications in December: 240 decisions to recognize refugee status and 151 decisions to grant subsidiary protection status.
- End December, the total caseload of the CGRS amounted to 11,495 dossiers. As a normal caseload corresponds to 4,500 dossiers, the back-log as such amounted to 6,695 dossiers.