The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 4,009 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In September 2022 Afghanistan, Burundi and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Turkey, Eritrea, Iran, Cameroon, Congo (DRC) and Iraq completed the top 10.
- In September 2022, the CGRS took 2,006 decisions, concerning a total of 2,428 persons.
- In September 2022, the protection rate amounted to 40,8 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of September 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,793 cases (19,718 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,993 cases.