The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 3,089 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 237 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in September is 3,326.
- A very large number of applications for international protection in September concerned persons from Afghanistan (1.121 persons). Many of them arrived in Belgium through the "Red Kite" evacuation operation.
- In September 2021 Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Somalia, Eritrea, Albania, Iraq, Moldavia, China and Turkey completed the top 10.
- In September 2021, the CGRS took 1,459 decisions, concerning a total of 1,783 persons.
- In September 2021, the protection rate amounted to 51,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of September 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,772 cases (19,432 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,572 cases.