The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 1.961 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In September 2020 Afghanistan, Syria and Turkey lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Iraq, Somalia, Albania, Eritrea, Guinea and Congo (DRC) completed the top 10.
- Owing to the confinement measures decided by the National Security Board in order to check the propagation of the Coronavirus, personal interviews have been suspended at the CGRS since Monday 16 March 2020. The CGRS gradually resumed the interviews from 8 June 2020.
- Therefore, the CGRS has taken 1.087 decisions in September 2020, concerning a total of 1.272 persons.
- In September 2020, the protection rate was 33.7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of September 2020, the total workload amounted to 12,129 cases (15,241 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 7,929 cases.