The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 2,607 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In September 2019, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Turkey, El Salvador, Iran, Iraq, Eritrea, Albania and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In September 2019, the CGRS took 1,117 decisions, concerning a total of 1,356 persons.
- In September 2019, the protection rate amounted to 34,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of September 2019, the total workload amounted to 9,172 cases (11,710 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 4,972 cases.