The CGRS has published the asylum figures for September 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In September, the Immigration Office registered 2,332 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 13 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in September. As a result, the total number of applicants in September is 2,345, a decrease compared to August (2,368).
- In September 2018, Syria, Palestine and Afghanistan lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Turkey, Eritrea, Undetermined, Burundi and Somalia completed the top 10.
- In September 2018, the CGRS took 1,136 decisions, concerning a total of 1,442 persons.
- In September 2018, the protection rate amounted to 46 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of September 2018, the total workload amounted to 5,247 cases (6,780 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1.047 cases.