The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 4,220 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 4 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in October is 4,224.
- In October 2022 Afghanistan, Burundi and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Turkey, Palestine, Eritrea, Iran, Moldavia, Congo (DRC) and Russia completed the top 10.
- In October 2022, the CGRS took 2,049 decisions, concerning a total of 2,496 persons.
- In October 2022, the protection rate amounted to 47,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of October 2022, the total workload amounted to 17,050 cases (20,016 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,250 cases.