The CGRS has published the asylum figures for October 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In October, the Immigration Office registered 2,392 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 15 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in October is 2,407.
- In October 2021 Afghanistan, Palestine and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Somalia, Albania, Iraq, Georgia, Guinea and Turkey completed the top 10.
- In October 2021, the CGRS took 1,896 decisions, concerning a total of 2,511 persons.
- In October 2021, the protection rate amounted to 58 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of October 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,799 cases (19,182 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,599 cases.