The CGRS has published the asylum figures for November 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In November, the Immigration Office registered 3,369 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 22 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in November is 3,391.
- In November 2022 Afghanistan, Burundi and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Turkey, Eritrea, Iran, Georgia, Congo (DRC) and Russia completed the top 10.
- In November 2022, the CGRS took 1,880 decisions, concerning a total of 2,274 persons.
- In November 2022, the protection rate amounted to 50 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of November 2022, the total workload amounted to 17,114 cases (20,097 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,314 cases.