The CGRS has published the asylum figures for May 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In May, the Immigration Office registered 2,703 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In May 2023, Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Turkey, Guinea, Cameroon, Russia, Congo (DRC) and Somalia complete the top 10.
- In May 2023, the CGRS took 2,259 decisions, concerning a total of 2,546 persons.
- In May 2023, the protection rate amounted to 45,6 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of May 2023, the total workload amounted to 21,291 cases (25,158 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 16,491 cases.