The CGRS has published the asylum figures for May 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In May, the Immigration Office registered 2,556 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In May 2022 Afghanistan, Eritrea and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Turkey, Iraq, Georgia, Iran, Guinea, Iraq and Somalia completed the top 10.
- In May 2022, the CGRS took 1,527 decisions, concerning a total of 1,884 persons.
- In May 2022, the protection rate amounted to 42,8 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of May 2022, the total workload amounted to 17,571 cases (20,850 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 13,371 cases.