The CGRS has published the asylum figures for May 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In May, the Immigration Office registered 1,813 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In May 2019, Afghanistan, Palestine and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. El Salvador, Iraq, Turkey, Eritrea, Burundi, Iran and Somalia completed the top 10.
- In May 2019, the CGRS took 1,169 decisions, concerning a total of 1,474 persons.
- In May 2019, the protection rate amounted to 44,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of May 2019, the total workload amounted to 6,424 cases (8,220 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 2,224 cases.