The CGRS has published the asylum figures for May 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In May, the Immigration Office registered 1,791 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately, a slight increase compared to April 2018 (1,711).
- In May 2018, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Georgia, Turkey, Albania, Undetermined, Somalia and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In May 2018, the CGRS took 1,765 decisions, concerning a total of 2,357 persons.
- In May 2018, the protection rate amounted to 58,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of May 2018, the total workload amounted to 5,533 cases (7,010 persons). With a normal workload of 4,500 cases, the actual backlog amounts to 1,033 cases.