The CGRS has published the asylum figures for March 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In March, the Immigration Office registered 2,634 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 10 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in March is 2,644.
- In March 2023, Afghanistan, Palestine and Eritrea top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Syria, Turkey, Moldova, Congo (DRC), Somalia, Georgia and Colombia complete the top 10.
- In March 2023, the CGRS took 2,384 decisions, concerning a total of 2,796 persons.
- In March 2023, the protection rate amounted to 41,8 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of March 2023, the total workload amounted to 21,237 cases (25,012 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 16,437 cases.