The CGRS has published the asylum figures for March 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In March, the Immigration Office registered 3,239 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 8 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in March is 3,247.
- In March 2022 Ukrain, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Syria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Eritrea, Moldavia, Turkey, Cameroon and Russia completed the top 10.
- In March 2022, the CGRS took 1,925 decisions, concerning a total of 2,240 persons.
- In March 2022, the protection rate amounted to 28,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of March 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,412 cases (19,620 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,212 cases.