The CGRS has published the asylum figures for March 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In March, the Immigration Office registered 1,653 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 165 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in March is 1,818.
- In March 2021 Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Guinea, Eritrea, Somalia, Iraq, Undetermined, El Salvador and Albania completed the top 10.
- In March 2021, the CGRS took 1,637 decisions, concerning a total of 2,064 persons.
- In March 2021, the protection rate amounted to 37,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of March 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,723 cases (19,435 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,523 cases.