The CGRS has published the asylum figures for March 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In March, the Immigration Office registered 2,118 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In March 2019, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Somalia, El Salvador, Eritrea, Russia and Georgia completed the top 10.
- In March 2019, the CGRS took 1,355 decisions, concerning a total of 1,663 persons.
- In March 2019, the protection rate amounted to 40,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of March 2019, the total workload amounted to 6,253 cases (7,952 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 2,053 cases.