The CGRS has published the asylum figures for June 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In June, the Immigration Office registered 2,936 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 9 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in June is 2,945.
- In June 2022 Afghanistan, Palestine and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Turkey, Moldavia, Burundi, Georgia, Iran and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In June 2022, the CGRS took 2,287 decisions, concerning a total of 2,860 persons.
- In June 2022, the protection rate amounted to 44,4 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of June 2022, the total workload amounted to 17,312 cases (20,434 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 13,112 cases.