The CGRS has published the asylum figures for June 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In June, the Immigration Office registered 1,916 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 142 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in June. As a result, the total number of applicants in June is 2,058.
- In June 2019, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. El Salvador, Eritrea, Iraq, Turkey, Somalia, Guinea and Russia completed the top 10.
- In June 2019, the CGRS took 1,159 decisions, concerning a total of 1,396 persons.
- In June 2019, the protection rate amounted to 37,1 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of June 2019, the total workload amounted to 6,644 cases (8,506 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 2,444 cases.