The CGRS has published the asylum figures for June 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In June, the Immigration Office registered 1,558 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 179 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in June. As a result, the total number of applicants in June is 1,737, a decrease compared to May 2018 (1,791).
- In June 2018, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Guinea, Georgia, Turkey, Undetermined, Eritrea and Somalia completed the top 10.
- In June 2018, the CGRS took 1,781 decisions, concerning a total of 2,258 persons.
- In June 2018, the protection rate amounted to 52,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of June 2018, the total workload amounted to 4,858 cases (6,191 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 658 cases.