The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 2,118 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 274 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in July is 2,392.
- In July 2021 Afghanistan, Syria and Eritrea lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Somalia, Iraq, Turkey, Georgia, Burundi and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In July 2021, the CGRS took 1,552 decisions, concerning a total of 1,961 persons.
- In July 2021, the protection rate amounted to 44,3 %. The higher protection rate is mainly due to the fact that in July a large number of decisions were taken for persons who recently arrived in the context of resettlement.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of July 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,791 cases (19,507 persons). Compared to the end of June, the workload, therefore also the backlog, has been reduced by 413 files. In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,591 cases.