The CGRS has published the asylum figures for July 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In July, the Immigration Office registered 2,114 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 3 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in July. As a result, the total number of applicants in July is 2,117, an increase compared to June 2018 (1,737).
- In July 2018, Syria, Palestine and Afghanistan lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Turkey, Eritrea, Guinea, Somalia, Georgia and Undetermined completed the top 10.
- In July 2018, the CGRS took 1,107 decisions, concerning a total of 1,368 persons.
- In July 2018, the protection rate amounted to 41,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of July 2018, the total workload amounted to 4,612 cases (5,812 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 412 cases.