The CGRS has published the asylum figures for January 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In January, the Immigration Office registered 2,777 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 8 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in January is 2,785.
- In January 2023 Afghanistan, Palestine and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Russia, Congo (DRC), Guinea, Turkey, Cameroon and Georgia completed the top 10.
- In January 2023, the CGRS took 1,698 decisions, concerning a total of 1,942 persons.
- In January 2023, the protection rate amounted to 42,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of January 2023, the total workload amounted to 17,374 cases (20,379 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,574 cases.