The CGRS has published the asylum figures for January 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In January, the Immigration Office registered 2,665 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 15 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in January is 2,680.
- In January 2022 Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Guinea, the Philippines, Georgia, Iraq, Somalia and Moldavia completed the top 10.
- In January 2022, the CGRS took 898 decisions, concerning a total of 1,117 persons.
- In January 2022, the protection rate amounted to 43,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of January 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,216 cases (19,414 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,016 cases.