The CGRS has published the asylum figures for January 2021.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In January, the Immigration Office registered 1,377 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In January 2021 Afghanistan, Eritrea and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Somalia, Iraq, Guinea, Undetermined, Albania and Cameroon completed the top 10.
- In January 2021, the CGRS took 1,132 decisions, concerning a total of 1,365 persons.
- In January 2021, the protection rate amounted to 28,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of January 2021, the total workload amounted to 13,830 cases (17,075 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 9,630 cases.