The CGRS has published the asylum figures for January 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In January, the Immigration Office registered 2,739 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In January 2020 Syria, Afghanistan and El Salvador lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Turkey, Eritrea, Guinea, Congo (DRC), Palestine and Russia completed the top 10.
- In January 2020, the CGRS took 1,280 decisions, concerning a total of 1,579 persons.
- In January 2020, the protection rate amounted to 30,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of January 2020, the total workload amounted to 11,183 cases (14,101 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 6,983 cases.