The CGRS has published the asylum figures for January 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In January, the Immigration Office registered 5,761 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In January 2019, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Turkey, Somalia, Iran, Burundi and Eritrea completed the top 10.
- In January 2019, the CGRS took 1,122 decisions, concerning a total of 1,326 persons.
- In January 2019, the protection rate amounted to 41,3 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of January 2019, the total workload amounted to 5,761 cases (7,410 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1,561 cases.