The CGRS has published the asylum figures for February 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In February, the Immigration Office registered 2,290 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In February 2022 Afghanistan, Palestine and Ukrain lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Syria, Moldavia, Iraq, Georgia, El Salvador and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In February 2022, the CGRS took 1,428 decisions, concerning a total of 1,830 persons.
- In February 2022, the protection rate amounted to 44,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of February 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,356 cases (19,426 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,156 cases.