The CGRS has published the asylum figures for February 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In February, the Immigration Office registered 2,063 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In February 2019, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Iraq, Guinea, Somalia, Burundi, El Salvador, Congo (DRC) and Albania completed the top 10.
- In February 2019, the CGRS took 1,209 decisions, concerning a total of 1,551 persons.
- In February 2019, the protection rate amounted to 41,5 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of February 2019, the total workload amounted to 5,961 cases (7,601 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1,761 cases.