The CGRS has published the asylum figures for August 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In August, the Immigration Office registered 3,529 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In August 2022 Afghanistan, Syria and Burundi lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, Palestine, Turkey, Somalia, Congo (DRC), Iraq and Cameroon completed the top 10.
- In August 2022, the CGRS took 1,540 decisions, concerning a total of 1,803 persons.
- In August 2022, the protection rate amounted to 32,3 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of August 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,026 cases (18,870 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,226 cases.