The CGRS has published the asylum figures for August 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In August, the Immigration Office registered 2,185 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In August 2019, Afghanistan, Syria and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Eritrea, El Salvador, Iraq, Somalia, Turkey, Burundi and Iran completed the top 10.
- In August 2019, the CGRS took 945 decisions, concerning a total of 1,154 persons.
- In August 2019, the protection rate amounted to 32,4 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of August 2019, the total workload amounted to 8,366 cases (10,672 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 4,166 cases.