The CGRS has published the asylum figures for August 2018.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION
- In August, the Immigration Office registered 2,196 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- Another 172 persons came over to Belgium through resettlement in August. As a result, the total number of applicants in August is 2,368.
- In August 2018, Syria, Palestine and Iraq lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Afghanistan, Turkey, Guinea, Russia,Undetermined, Somalia and Eritrea completed the top 10.
- In August 2018, the CGRS took 1,095 decisions, concerning a total of 1,365 persons.
- In August 2018, the protection rate amounted to 46,4 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of August 2018, the total workload amounted to 5,212 cases (6,721 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 1.012 cases.