The CGRS has published the asylum figures for April 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In April, the Immigration Office registered 2,053 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately.
- In April 2023, Afghanistan, Palestine and Syria lead the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Turkey, Eritrea, Cameroon, Guinea, Russia, Congo (DRC) and Iran complete the top 10.
- In April 2023, the CGRS took 2,210 decisions, concerning a total of 2,563 persons.
- In April 2023, the protection rate amounted to 47,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of April 2023, the total workload amounted to 21,606 cases (25,452 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 4,800 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 16,806 cases.