The CGRS has published the asylum figures for April 2022.
Applications for international protection
- In April, the Immigration Office registered 2,324 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 9 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in April is 2,333.
- In April 2022 Afghanistan, Eritrea and Palestine lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Georgia, Moldavia, Burundi and Cameroon completed the top 10.
- In April 2022, the CGRS took 1,063 decisions, concerning a total of 1,313 persons.
- In April 2022, the protection rate amounted to 38,9 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of April 2022, the total workload amounted to 16,929 cases (20,200 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 12,729 cases.