The CGRS has published the asylum figures for April 2021.
Applications for international protection
- In April, the Immigration Office registered 1,585 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 10 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in April is 1,595.
- In April 2021 Afghanistan, Eritrea and Syria and lead the top 10 of countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Somalia, Iraq, Palestine, Undetermined, El Salvador, Moldavia and Guinea completed the top 10.
- In April 2021, the CGRS took 1,635 decisions, concerning a total of 2,007 persons.
- In April 2021, the protection rate amounted to 32,2 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of April 2021, the total workload amounted to 15,952 cases (19,826 persons). In view of the current inflow, a volume of 4,200 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 11,752 cases.