This report covers initial developments since the Taliban takeover on 15 August 2021, namely the Taliban's government formation, policy making and policy implementation, as well as the situation under Taliban rule for the general population and for some specific groups or profiles. Security incidents and violence related to resistance, insurgent groups, terrorism and similar elements have also been included, as well as information on the general humanitarian situation. The report does not cover events after 8 December 2021.
The following departments have reviewed this report:
- Belgium, Centre for Documentation and Research (Cedoca), Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons
- Greece, Asylum Processes and Training Department, Greek Asylum Service, Ministry of Migration and Asylum
- The Netherlands, Office of Country Information and Language Analysis (OCILA), Ministry of Justice
- Norway, Landinfo, the Norwegian Country of Origin Information Centre
- Slovakia, Department of Documentation and Foreign Cooperation, Migration Office of the Ministry of Interior
- Sweden, Unit for Migration Analysis, the Swedish Migration Agency
This report was written by EASO according to the EASO COI Report Methodology (2019) and the EASO COI Writing and Referencing Style Guide (2019).