The CGRS released its asylum statistics for November 2017.
- In November 2017, the Belgian Immigration Office registered 1.544 asylum applicants. Every person (including children) is counted as an asylum applicant.
- Additionally, 140 persons arrived in November in Belgium under a resettlement programme and 58 under a relocation programme. This means that a total of 1,742 asylum applicants were registered in November 2017, a decrease compared to October 2017 (1,787 applicants).
- Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq are the top 3 countries of origin of asylum applicants registered in November 2017, followed by Eritrea, Russia, Guinea, Georgia, Albania, Palestine and Congo (DRC).
- In November 2017, the CGRS took 1,608 decisions. These decisions concerned a total of 2,099 persons.
- The protection rate in November 2017 was 51,6 %.
- The total caseload of the CGRS is the number of asylum cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of November 2017, there was a total caseload of 7,604 dossiers. As 5,000 dossiers can be considered a normal caseload, the actual backlog amounted to 2,604 dossiers.