The CGRS released its asylum statistics for June 2017.
- In June 2017, the Belgian Immigration Office registered 1,256 asylum applicants. Every person (including children) is counted as an asylum applicant.
- Additionally, 218 persons arrived in June in Belgium under a resettlement programme and 140 under a relocation programme. This means that a total of 1,614 asylum applicants were registered in June 2017, a decrease compared to May 2017 (1,643 applicants).
- Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq remained the top 3 countries of origin of asylum applicants registered in May 2017, followed by Eritrea, Congo (DRC), Turkey, Albania, Guinea, Palestine and Russia.
- In June 2017, the CGRS took 1,889 decisions. These decisions concerned a total of 2,457 persons.
- The protection rate in June 2017 was 50,3 %.
- The total caseload of the CGRS is the number of asylum cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of June 2017, there was a total caseload of 11,389 dossiers. As 5,000 dossiers can be considered a normal caseload, the actual backlog amounted to 6,389 dossiers.