The CGRS released its asylum statistics for July 2017.
- In July 2017, the Belgian Immigration Office registered 1,479 asylum applicants. Every person (including children) is counted as an asylum applicant.
- Additionally, 50 persons arrived in July in Belgium under a relocation programme. This means that a total of 1,529 asylum applicants were registered in July 2017, a decrease compared to June 2017 (1,614 applicants).
- Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan remained the top 3 countries of origin of asylum applicants registered in May 2017, followed by Albania, Palestine, Guinea, Congo (DRC), Russia, Georgia and Somalia.
- In July 2017, the CGRS took 1,554 decisions. These decisions concerned a total of 1,966 persons.
- The protection rate in July 2017 was 44,6 %.
- The total caseload of the CGRS is the number of asylum cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision.
- At the end of July 2017, there was a total caseload of 10,766 dossiers. As 5,000 dossiers can be considered a normal caseload, the actual backlog amounted to 5,766 dossiers.